I know I’ll get a lot of flak from people about the dating simulator, even from dating coaches I took advice from, where making a simulation is “thinking too much” to them. But being able to put hard numbers on my expectations is the biggest thing I never knew I was missing.
What is it?
It’s a framework to make testing simulations of complex systems easier.
Or more specifically: you write your actors and strategies and environmental conditions. cadCAD turns this into a
pandas.DataFrame and runs the simulation a number of times for you, letting you switch easily between simulation strategies.
Your bank account balance over 3 years, assuming you keep living expenses at 1800EUR and you look for 3 jobs per month between jobs
Suppose the following:
- You’re looking for a job.
- Your monthly expenses are 1800EUR.
- You have a 20% chance of getting a job once you’ve applied for it (IRL this means personal contact, not sending your resume somewhere)
- Most jobs pay around 3000EUR +- 2000EUR.
- Each month, a job has a 10% chance of firing you.
- You can afford to make 2-3 personal connections per month that lead to jobs.
- Your minimum criteria: job must pay at least your monthly living expenses.
What will your bank account look like in 3 years?
To play with the numbers, set up Jupyter notebook and the Python virtual environment with
To guarantee that your balance will be positive in 3 years, you must look for jobs which pay 2 * monthly living expenses, and you must meet 2-3 people who can provide such jobs per month.
Suppose you’re a 5. How many girls should you ask out per day, and how choosy can you be, to have a satisfactory dating life?
If you’re an ‘8’ who only dates ‘7s and up’, here’s your dating history over 30 lifetimes, assuming you’ve asked out 1000 girls (each colour is a different lifetime)
- By definition, most girls are 5 in hotness. Sorry if I burst any princess bubbles.
- Women of hotness x prefer hotness x+1 (some prefer less actually, but that’s another discussion).
- Even if you move to a city where you find most girls hot, after a few months you will grow accustomed.
- You meet an 8 just about as frequently as other people meet their 8s. That is, it doesn’t matter what an 8 actually looks like.
- Chemistry is modeled by secret Chemistry numbers. If they match up (around 5-10% chance, or 1-2/20), you have chemistry.
Personally, “the feeling of sexual abundance” is important, i.e. you’re not desperate to cling on to her because she’s the only girl who’ll like you back in a long long time.
There are 2 ways of defining this. Pick one.
1000 girls is 1 year of asking out 3 girls a day. At least 1 girl a month is a reasonable expectation.
The hotness distribution of girls who accepted you must look like a normal distribution, not discrete.
- Don’t be choosy. If you’re a 5 who only dates 7s, you’ll spend most of your time being desperate/insecure in a relationship, or lonely.
- Even if you do end up becoming a ‘9’ through hard work and upgrading your wardrobe, you’ll still mostly date 5s and 6s. Why? simple, there are more of them around.
- Improving your looks really makes a big difference, but it is no guarantee that you will end up with a hot girl. But it’s okay. There are many dimensions to women other than ‘hotness’.